Mandatory Mutually exclusive set

Nov 4, 2010 at 1:32 PM

Hi !

I just discovered your library and I think it's a really great tool. Nice work, I like to use attributes to define the parsing behaviour.

Nevertheless I have a feature request : I didn't find how I can make a mutually exclusive set mandatory.
What I mean is that the caller must use one of the switch in the set.

It could probably be done by adding a named parameter in the attribute (as a boolean "MutuallyExclusiveSetRequired").
It defaults as false, and if it is set to true in one of the attributes of the set, it is considered as true. So it's false only if all the attributes of the set are false.

What do you think ?

Side question : is the project still alive ?

May 27, 2012 at 4:27 PM

Hi,

the project is alive but there periods that my main job is so hard that I've really no time for replying... Please be patient.

Check out latest version and read updated documentation (here @ codeplex, but also @ github -> https://github.com/gsscoder/commandline/wiki).

Anyway I think that the concept of Required collides with the on of MutuallyExclusiveSet.

But if you want open a discussion, is better point on a specific example and a clear description of what you want to get.

You can start to some prompt example, like:

$ app --opt-a value1 --opt-b value2

etc...

Regards,

Giacomo